Saturday, July 28, 2007

Job Seeker

Talented and motivated sales consultant looking to leverage my experience in relationship building, presenting to clients and writing into a fulfilling, creative, fast paced, public relations position.

That is what the objective line on my resume reads. When I graduated from the University of Southern California in 2005 I had two objectives. 1) to get back to Minnesota and 2) to earn as much money as possible.

I took a job as a Sales Consultant for an employee benefits company--I sell insurance. This job fit both of my criteria and seemed like the best choice upon graduation. I have learned a lot from this position. I have learned to manage my time, to be self motivated and to be able to start a conversation with anyone, anywhere. Unfortunately, this position does not provide me the opportunity to write, to be creative or to use my communications skills to help many different companies tell their stories. It also requires me to spend inordinate amounts of time traveling in South Dakota.

I long for agency life. I want to work with different clients. I want to help companies tell their stories and get their names in front of potential customers and investors.

I am starting this blog for several reasons. I want to get my name out in the Minnesota PR scene. I also want a forum to discuss what is going on in the industry. Most importantly, I want help finding a job in PR in the Cities.

No comments: